Users spend most of their time on other Websites. This means that users gear their expectations for your site by what they have learned to expect elsewhere.
Making your website easier to use is simple - make sure it meets users' expectations. If the navigation, or a feature such as a shopping cart, is different from that which users have come to expect, they think about how to use your website, rather than your message. Worse than that, websites that work in unexpected ways can annoy users.
You Need Experts To Benchmark Your Website
How does your website compare against your competitors'? Not just in terms of 'how it looks' but also how it performs in search engines, how clearly it communicates, how accessible it is, how well it sells – and even how efficiently enquiries are dealt with.
Web Fada can perform an intensive benchmarking of your website against those of your main competitors to find out where your site ranks and where it needs improving. This includes:
- look and feel - e.g. amount of free space on the screen, font style used for the body text
- navigation - e.g. number of menu groups, if it has a search feature
- content - e.g. readability score, presence of diagrams, flow charts
- functionality - e.g. password protected section, email subscription
- multimedia - e.g. music, animation
- marketing - e.g. pop-up ads, Google ranking
- e-commerce - e.g. shopping cart, security function
- usability - e.g. how easy it is to find information
Users expect your website to behave like and look like what they expect.
Get a Quote!